1.jpg

Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Nov. 24 uploaded comments and photographs of Gyeongui Line Forest Park in Seoul on his Twitter account. (Screen capture from Lee's Twitter account)

Singaporean Prime Minister (PM) Lee Hsien Loong, who visited Korea to attend the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)-ROK (Republic of Korea) Commemorative Summit in Busan from Nov. 25-26, has attracted attention online with his love of the country as expressed through pictures and comments on social media.

Lee on Nov. 22 uploaded his photographs of and comments on Seoullo 7017 (an elevated and linear park built on a former overpass by Seoul Station), Gyeongui Line Forest Park and the Hongik University area on his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

One comment said "Visited Gyeongui Line Forest Park, Hongdae, and Seoullo 7017, each with its own energy and distinctive charm," and another added, "Gyeongui Line Forest Park and Seoullo 7017, in particular, show how city spaces have been reclaimed and beautified for their citizens."

Lee also uploaded a photo of himself posing like the Arc de Triomphe in Paris with his wife Ho Ching at Ewha Womans University.

This is not the first time for the Singaporean leader to express his fondness for Korea. At a welcoming luncheon hosted by President Moon Jae-in on Nov. 23, Lee said, "Among many foreign tourists who visit Korea, me and my wife are included," telling about his 2015 trip to Korea as a private citizen with no official schedule, including his visits to the port of Jukbyeon in Uljin-gun County, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province, and Seoraksan Mountain in Gangwon-do Province.

2.jpg

President Moon Jae-in on Nov. 27 tweets his thanks to Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for the latter's Seoul travel log. (Screen capture from President Moon's Twitter account)

President Moon Jae-in on Nov. 27 expressed his gratitude for Lee's Seoul travel log through Twitter and Facebook.

"I really enjoyed reading the 'Seoul Travel Log' that you wrote with your wife," the president said, adding, "I am very grateful for the love both of you have for Korea."

Korea.net