1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Homestay Korea provides homestay placement service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review your rights and obligations, which are induced by joining in Homestay Korea as a member, in the TOS. When using particular Homestay Korea services, you and Homestay Korea shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, all of which are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
(1) Homestay Korea currently provides users with access to a rich collection of host families who provide homestay, including alternative housing options as well as travel and shopping information through its website (the "Service"). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Homestay Korea to provide the Service. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that Homestay Korea assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
(2) You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees such as Internet service provider. You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
(3) Please be aware that Homestay Korea has provided services related to a sort of housing contract. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a homestay arrangement to be legally effective. If you're under 18, you need to get parent's or legal guardian's permission.
3. YOUR OBLIGATIONS AS A MEMBER (GUEST)
(1) In consideration of your use of the Service, you expressly understand and agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Data") and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Homestay Korea has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Homestay Korea has the right to deny your request for homestay placement and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
(2) By submitting your application for homestay, you also agree to provide the potential hosts you designated with part of your Data. Only limited data such as your name, gender, age, nationality, the purpose of your visit will be revealed.
(3) When you finalize your reservation with a host family, you're required to pay Homestay Korea the placement fee and 10% of the total lodging fee in advance as a deposit. And, you agree to provide the host with your Data.
(4) Since the Service is designed to appeal a broad audience and our placement service is an online automatic matching system between hosts and guests, you will be informed of all information and transactions through emails. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to acknowledge those emails and confirm your reservation in timely manner.
(5) If you cannot arrive on your designated date owing to circumstances beyond your control, you must inform us of your delay or cancellation immediately.
(6) Upon arrival, you agree to pay the rest of lodging fee and present your passport to your host to identify yourself as the prearranged guest. The host may photocopy your passport. You and your host will sign two copies of homestay contract, and you may keep one of them. If necessary, you and your host agree on special terms and specify them on the contract. However, Homestay Korea is not responsible for the implementation of those special terms.
(7) Homestead Korea is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users. For this reason, you must follow our instructions in the process of homestay placement. You must clarify what you need and what you need not to your host, and try to understand and respect the Korean family's custom and rules.
(8) During your stay, if you have any dispute with your host, or experience any unpleasant incident, please notify Homestead Korea of the incident immediately.
5. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
(a) immediately notify Homestay Korea of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and
(b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Homestay Korea cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 5.
6. MEMBER CONDUCT
(1) You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Homestay Korea, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Homestay Korea does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, objectionable, or untrue. Under no circumstances will Homestay Korea be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
(2) You agree to not use the Service to:
(a) falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself;
(b) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
(c) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
(d) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
(f) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
(g) "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
(h) collect or store personal data about other users.
(3) You acknowledge that Homestay Korea does not pre-screen Content, but that Homestay Korea and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Homestay Korea and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Homestay Korea or submitted to Homestay Korea.
(4) You acknowledge and agree that Homestay Korea may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) enforce the TOS;
(c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or
(d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Homestay Korea, its users and the public.
7. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
You agree to indemnify and hold Homestay Korea, and its partners and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by a host or any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
If you have questions or suggestions, email us at any time.
9. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE
You acknowledge that Homestay Korea may establish general practices concerning use of the Service. You agree that Homestay Korea has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to convey any messages and other communications. You acknowledge that Homestay Korea reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Homestay Korea reserves the right to change these general practices at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
10. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
Homestay Korea reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Homestay Korea shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that Homestay Korea, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Homestay Korea believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Homestay Korea may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Homestay Korea may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that Homestay Korea shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Homestay Korea has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Homestay Korea is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Homestay Korea shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Homestay Korea shall not be liable for any damage or loss of your belongings during your homestay.
Notices to you, if necessary, may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
15. GENERAL INFORMATION
The TOS constitute the entire agreement between you and Homestay Korea and govern your use of the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use special services provided by a host. The TOS and the relationship between you and Homestay Korea shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Homestay Korea agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the City of Seoul, Korea. The failure of Homestay Korea to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
The TOS will come into effective as soon as you sign in Homestay Korea as a member.