SongsongKiss_inside.jpg

The kiss between Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo receives new light in the ‘Descendants of the Sun' special episodes.

The tremendous popularity of the KBS soap opera "Descendants of the Sun" has been demonstrated once again with its final special episodes. 

The hit TV show "Descendants of the Sun" formally ended on April 14, but three additional episodes were aired on April 20, 21 and 22 that showed some behind-the-scenes shots and explained how the drama was produced. The show was so wildly successful, and there were so many inquiries into what would happen to the two main characters played by Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, that even these final special episodes recorded sky-high ratings. 

In the Korean domestic TV viewing market, the three days of special episodes grabbed the highest ratings from among competing programs that aired at the same time, such as variety shows and other soap operas. 

Song Joong-ki talked about the "wine kiss scene,” a much talked about shot from the third and final special episode. 
“The director told me that I should fix Song Hye-kyo with a 'look' and that I shouldn't let her eyes out of my sight,” the actor said. “I didn’t understand, and at first I wondered why the director gave the instruction. However, I finally understand his order when we shot the 'wine kiss scene.'" The actor added that, "I then grasped the meaning of the directions that the director was giving me.”